Wasatch Academy Academic Coach Position
Wasatch Academy is looking for an Academic Coach to provide individualized student academic support for students grades 8 through 12. Wasatch Academy is an international boarding high school enrolling 340 students from over 40 countries.
The Academic Coach will report to the Assistant Head of School for Academic Support and will be responsible for academic student support including:
· The primary role of an Academic Coach is to move the student towards self-advocacy and independence as a learner.
· An Academic Coach assists the student in conquering procrastination, preparing for exams, finishing daily assignments, studying and reading more effectively, and teaches the student organizational management skills.
· An Academic Coach supports students in the development of skills and strategies to improve academic success.
· An Academic Coach collaborates and works closely with faculty to support the student’s learning needs.
Hours to be worked are between 9.00 am and 4.30 pm Monday to Friday.
Successful applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree, preference given to applicants with teaching credentials and/or Master’s degree
- Relevant previous experience working with youth
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to provide content tutoring for upper level and Advanced Placement Math and Science classes an asset.
If you are interested in this job, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 435-462-1461
Applications close on January 2, 2018